Oceaneering Sr. Engineer Designer, Government in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
_The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group._
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Senior Designer applies creative design skill, knowledge of manufacturing techniques, and Computer Aided Design Drafting practices to the generation of layout, assembly, and detail drawings for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic equipment of simple to moderate complexity for a variety of ADTECH projects. The Senior Designer may also prepare sketches and other graphic information for use within technical documents, proposals, and sales-related documents. May supervise the work of other less experienced designers and drafters on a specific project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- With minimal instructions, prepare CADD solid models (Solid Works part and assembly level), complete layout and detail drawings, including application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance, for moderately complex equipment or mechanisms.
- May provide supervision to designers and drafters on specific projects as directed by the Project Manager.
- Perform independent, original designs and interact with engineering and manufacturing personnel to ensure manufacturability and proper assembly.
- Check technical accuracy and completeness of drawings.
- May interface with clients.
- May supervise work of one or more designers and/or drafters on a single project.
- Prepare illustrations for technical documentation, proposals, and sales-related documents.
- Support engineering activity with solid modeling to prepare models for export to engineering analysis/simulation software including merging and meshing of parts and application of load vectors under the direction of senior or higher level engineering staff.
- Associate Degree in related engineering field, or equivalent work experience. Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Formal training in use of Solid Works solid modeling software.
- Minimum ten years of experience in CAD Design working with Mil Standards and ANSI 14.5 geometric tolerance.
- Proficiency using software such as AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS.
- Solid Works Advanced Parts and Advanced Assemblies certificate.
- Experience in all phases of production, machine shop, and manufacturing. Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication, such as machining centers (CNC), sheet metal, and welding fabrication.
- Experience in structural design.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Able to be a self-starter and work independently to develop original designs or modifications.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of CAD equipment.
- Familiar with military specifications.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with vendors and customers.
- Be a team player. Able to interact with managers and engineers to solve difficult problems and challenges.
- Willing to “go the extra mile” in order to meet company goals.
- Able to work overtime hours as needed.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance and pass a drug test.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14240
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time