Oceaneering Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst, Government TS/SCI in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Senior Cybersecurity Analystis responsible for basic aspects of cybersecurity for assigned systems. This may include the administration of network devices, servers, desktop systems, communications hardware/software, and office systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and editCertification & Accreditation (C&A;) and System Assessment & Authorization (SA&A;) as part of NIST SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework (RMF) system. Assist in preparation of application accreditation packages for assigned systems. Assist in maintaining authorization packages by preparing necessary documentation.
- Assist in monitoring authorizations to ensure annual requirements are met. Prepare and updatepackages as necessary to support re-authorization as needed for assigned systems. Prepare and submitreports on authorization status.
- Assist in performing security system event analysis, investigation, and validation. Assist in ensuring that security measures are implemented, operational, managed and validated as outlined in published security plans, and assist with tasks necessary to ensure system(s) maintain compliance with authorization(s).
- Assist in performing continuous monitoring tasks and prepare documentation for assigned systems in support of Authorizations to Operate (ATOs). Perform Security control assessments as part of Continuous Monitoring NIST SP 800-53 V4 compliance sustainment for application, infrastructure, and network.
- Assist in data gathering to support event analysis and triage (gathering information, deriving conclusions, driving mitigations) and assist in preparing incident reports.
- Assist in the performance of configuration management tasks. Prepare documentation for assigned systems in support of ATOs.
- Maintain required mandatory certifications as necessary to support assignment as a privileged user and sustain DoD IA training and certification requirements IAW DoD 8570.1M.
- Assist in the development, documentation, and support of user training plan(s).
- Proactively look for ways to better apply technology to the organization’s primary mission; answer questions, resolve problems, and communicate changes in software and operations.
- Work with lead and senior ISSOs to evaluate the impact of system and network changes;prepare documentation to support re-approval of the security packages as appropriate.
- Assist in performing administrative tasks for systems, including data backup support, system security, and user account management support.
- Assist in providing support for servers, network and desktop hardware, software, and applications. Monitor the day-to-day activities on system and document changes as required.
- Assist with hardware and software roll-out to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
- Provide occasional field installation support. A few one-week trips per year to be expected.
- Assist in hands-on cable routing and hardware maintenance.
- Assist in gathering data pertaining to software packages for assigned systems that will be used to maintain lists of software and hardware and update documentation.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 2-4 of experience as an administrator on a medium sized network of servers, desktop systems, and communications devices using current technologies.
- Specialized certification and compliance in accordance withDoD 8570.1M. Candidate must achieve certification within 6 months of assignment (MCSE, A+, CISCO, Security +, CISSP for assignment as IAT level I or II). As a condition of privileged access to any information system, personnel performing IA functions must satisfy both preparatory and sustaining DoD IA training and certification requirements in accordance with DoD 8570.1M. All candidates for this position must be able to pass and maintain required training.
- Basic familiarity with RMF and ATO processes.
- Familiarity with certifications under the RMF, and a proven ability to perform continuous management activities.
- Familiarity with ICD 503, DoD 8570.1M, and the RMF.
- Working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, and server and desktop technologies.
- Familiarity with auditing processes.
- Facilitation and change management skills.
- Ability to interact with personnel from other engineering and technical disciplines both inside and outside of the company, including systems engineers, electrical engineers, designers, drafters, fabrication shop personnel, and hardware vendors.
- Ability to perform technical surveys and organize/resolve technical issues.
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary. Travel may include shipboard installation work.
- Willingness to work non-standard work schedules, such as off-hour backups and system upgrades.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Fitness for special background investigation (SBI).
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance. U.S. Citizenship required
- Active TS/SCI
- Experience with large-scale commercial and/or military systems.
- Knowledge of Windows servers and desktop products.
- Knowledge of networked printers and photocopiers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14551
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time