Oceaneering Mechanical Engineer in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES)._
The Mechanical Engineer applies a working knowledge of engineering fundamentals to the division’s engineering and design activities under the direction of a Senior Engineer, Project Engineer, Staff Engineer, or Project Manager. The Mechanical Engineer will also be required to interact with other ADTECH personnel including those in QA, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, as necessary to provide engineering support to ADTECH manufacturing, integration, and test activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs moderately difficult engineering tasks and conventional design that may be varied in nature.
- Good technical judgment and some independent evaluation, originality, and ingenuity are expected.
- Develops schedules and estimates for assigned tasks and prepares reports on the results of the work accomplished.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Naval Architecture from accredited college or university.
- Entry Level position. Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required.
- Proficiency using CAD software such as AutoCad and SolidWorks and MathCad preferred.
- Technical writing skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13931
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time