Oceaneering Mechanical Engineer, Government in Hanover, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
_The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group._
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Mechanical Engineer applies a working knowledge of engineering fundamentals to the division’s engineering and design activities under the direction of a Project Manager. The Mechanical Engineer interacts with all OTECH departments as necessary to provide engineering support to OTECH manufacturing, integration, and test activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform moderately difficult engineering tasks and design work.
- Develop schedules and estimates for assigned tasks and prepare reports on the results of the work accomplished.
- Recommend design approaches to meet production requirements for new or improved products or processes.
- Demonstrate good technical judgment and some independent evaluation and ingenuity.
- Conduct routine analyses/tests and complete required documentation.
- Write test procedures, compile and evaluate test data, and prepare technical specifications.
- Prepare reports and present results to management and clients.
- Interact with client representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Provide support to bid and proposal efforts as needed.
- Occasional work outside normal working hours should be anticipated.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering.
- 0-2 years of practical experience in mechanical engineering.
- Proficiency in the application of current engineering software (i.e. SolidWorks, Altium, Matlab, etc).
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Able to apply a working knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals.
- Good hands-on abilities for assembling mechanical components.
- Technical writing skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14381
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time