Oceaneering Manager, Tax Reporting in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position will encompass approximately 80% tax/financial reporting and compliance and 20% tax research.
Duties & Responsibilities
Financial reporting functions include, but are not limited to:
- Review and prepare quarterly tax provisions and deferred tax calculations
- Assist with forecasting cash taxes
- Work with the tax, finance and accounting teams to improve the tax provision and tax compliance processes
- Identify and evaluate corporate income tax uncertainties
- Comply with internal controls around tax reporting
- Assist with special projects as needed
Tax compliance functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the company is tax compliant within operating jurisdictions
- Coordinate tax filings and information requests with 3rd party service providers
- Manage 3rd party service providers with respect to timelines and fees
- Facilitate resolution of tax audit exercises within the operational jurisdictions
- Assist in preparing transfer pricing documentation, especially regarding intercompany transactions.
- Support the functional group efforts around various indirect taxes such as VAT, GST, payroll, etc.
Tax research and planning functions include, but are not limited to:
- Provide international tax advice regarding structuring of new business, projects, client and supplier agreements
- Undertake permanent establishment reviews and make recommendations as needed
- Assist with international restructuring planning and implementation
- Assist with international acquisitions
- Keep abreast of new legislation and developing best practices
- This position has indirect supervisory responsibility over approximately 5 individuals..
* Reporting Relationship*
- Reports to Director, Tax Reporting
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Finance or Accounting)
- Minimum seven (7) to ten (10) years of corporate tax experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- US tax and GAAP knowledge
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Experience working in a global and cross-functional environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Global Thinker and Creative Professional who can contribute in a team environment
- Strong analytical and project management skills with a pro-active approach towards the desired result
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Ability to collaborate with team members and drive results
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from external and internal customers.
- Ability to effectively present information to management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of laws and regulations.
- Ability to explain complex tax issues to non-tax professionals
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13904
Location: Dubai, UAE
Full/Part Time: Full-Time