Oceaneering Recruiter in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E;) systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD)._
Who You Are
Superior Relationship Builder – You are a highly sociable person who quickly forges links and builds relationships of trust with hiring managers, candidates, and outside resources. As a gifted listener and negotiator, you have had great success placing talent.
Results Oriented – When presented with a challenging request, you rise to the occasion with enthusiasm and determination, pushing through adversity to get the job done well, while meeting deadlines.
Expert Sleuth – You are curious, dynamic, and proactive. Understanding that investigative work is part of daily life as a recruiter, you are well versed in exploring real and virtual networks, and are not afraid to pick up the phone to learn more about potential candidates and the industry you recruit for.
Master Juggler – You have successfully worked on multiple assignments at once, managing time accordingly, with the keen ability to understand, organize and prioritize each role, all while keeping necessary administrative tasks accomplished.
Technology & Social Media Enthusiast – You get excited about, and are well versed at leveraging recruiting technology, social media platforms, and diverse methods of sourcing, screening, pipelining, and tracking potential talent.
What You Will Be Doing
Working with a dynamic Talent Acquisition and HR team, you will be recruiting world-class talent to fill vital roles within the Marine Services Division of Oceaneering International, Inc. Your day will be filled with sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews, relationship building, negotiating offers, administrative tasks, navigating the hiring process with new hires, and changing lives!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with Hiring Managers to source, recruit, screen, and attract top talent.
- Establish client relationships and develop local, regional, or national recruitment, marketing, and communication strategies to attract top talent.
- Search and screen resumes from PeopleSoft HR application and resume databases.
- Use creative methods for talent acquisition, including discipline-specific job boards, social media, and networking.
- Participate in interviews, including preliminary phone interviews and in-person interviews before presenting final candidates to Hiring Managers for consideration.
- Develop relationships with military bases, college campuses, technical schools, and career centers to increase pool of candidates.
- Coordinate and attend job fairs and other recruiting and networking events.
- Develop sourcing strategy to ensure efficient, cost-effective recruitment processes while minimizing advertising costs, the length of time a position is open, and the total number of vacancies in the division.
- Conduct job analysis and salary analysis to determine required criteria and staffing needs for open positions and appropriately negotiates offers with candidates.
- Manage internal and external job postings and advertisement functions by creating and posting job openings to intranet, OII website, and other external sites.
- Maintain the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Program affiliation.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with HR concentration or related major. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in a high volume recruiting position.
- Understanding of state and federal employment laws.
- Ability to recognize top candidates and determine position fit across all levels of business.
- Strong negotiation skills and selection techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer-service focus.
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Must be able to travel locally in the Hampton Roads area, with occasional travel out of state.
- Strong administrative and time management skills.
- PHR, SPHR certification.
- Experience in the ship repair industry.
- Experience recruiting for trades/engineering/technical positions is highly desired.
- Experience recruiting for DoD Security Cleared candidates is highly desired.
- Experience successfully recruiting in an agency environment is highly desired.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HRIS system is a plus.
Oceaneering Marine Services Division can only hire “US Citizens” who are not dual citizens of any other country to work at its’ facilities. You can verify your citizenship with the Self-Check through E-Verify (uscis.gov), if available in your state of residence.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14170
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time