Oceaneering Purchasing Clerk in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E;) systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD).
Performs a wide variety of standard and limited advanced administrative duties under general supervision from the purchasing supervisor. Knowledge of FAR, DFAR and Public laws regarding procurement in a government contract environment is required. May provide staff support services for more than one individual. Work to be performed in a fast-paced team environment. Work habits will require personal initiative, effective organizational and problem solving skills, leadership and the ability to create and maintain multiple reports. High degree of reliability and strict confidentiality in all sensitive matters is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Purchasing Clerk reports directly to the Purchasing Supervisor for the performance of his/her responsibilities. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform general duties to include, but not limited to, data entry in PeopleSoft (PSFT), JML EXCEL spreadsheets and various other data file maintenance as needed. Copying, scanning, faxing, mailing, emailing, filing and file maintenance. Update and delete existing files and records as requested. Validate accuracy and verify the correctness and completeness of data entry.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within scope of work.
- Extremely accurate data entry, record and file maintenance.
- Assists the Supervisor in gathering information of new vendors and maintaining the active qualified vendor’s list.
- Assists with meaningful status and activity updates.
- Exercises flexibility to accomplish a task i.e., work overtime, be creative, maintain organization and project a positive attitude.
- Exercises judgment with respect to real or potential problems, and communicate same without prompt to the attention of the department manager.
- Helps create and maintain purchasing work instructions and forms.
- Responsible for maintaining small business reporting statistics and submitting reports in ESRS, which involves reviewing contracts. Provide quarterly reports to Buyers to notify them of which vendors should be solicited, if possible, based on their small business classifications. Provide monthly reports for review by Purchasing Supervisor, the Small Business Liaison for MSD. Monitor small business classifications in SAM and PSFT and submit change requests to corporate.
- Assist with creating and maintaining Service Agreements and RFP’s.
- Review purchase orders above the micro-threshold for compliance and provide detailed feedback to the purchasing supervisor and buyers for correction and compliance training.
- Create and maintain procurement documents and spreadsheets to aid in the procurement process as directed by the purchasing supervisor.
- High School/GED with Vocational School Diploma/Certificate in business or High School/GED. Four years of experience may substitute for the Vocational School Diploma.
- High School education or equivalent, plus at least three to five years administrative experience, preferably in a government contracting environment. Business school courses preferred.
- Practical knowledge of FAR, DFAR and Public Law contracting requirements.
- Job description requires a high level of dependability, maturity, confidentiality, and courtesy. Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to function under stressful conditions.
- Proficiency in various computer programs, including the MS Office Suite, and use of graphics programs to create documents, tables, organizational charts, diagrams, bar graphs, etc., is mandatory.
- Must be able to communicate well with all levels of management as well as outside authorities. Ability to work independently. Must have ability, under extreme pressure, to meet deadlines and provide quick turn-around time, while continuing to produce quality work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14550
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time