Oceaneering Project Manager III (Subs) - Bremerton, WA in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E;) systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD)._
Manage various ship projects/contracts or delivery orders to ensure technical excellence and report results achieved in terms of costs, schedules and performance. Develop and improve all project functions including marketing, production process, quality/cost controls and personnel resources. Assist with the development of marketing plans, sales strategies and objectives for identified targets of opportunity to ensure continued steady growth. Assist with bids and proposals, as required, with emphasis on scheduling the proper sequence of work to be performed. Travel and overtime may be required as well as moderate levels of physical and mental coordination and frequent use of office equipment.
- Provide sound and independent judgment that follows company policies and procedures while managing projects/contracts.
- Resolve issues, through direct interaction with department managers and supervisors that may jeopardize product quality, delivery schedules or costs.
- Formulate, through original and independent thinking, methods and processes which will increase safety, quality or production, or decrease costs
- Provide leadership and guidance to Production personnel and project support groups.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and direct repair and installation teams at forward and local locations.
- Oversee and ensure repairs and/or installations are being completed, tested and re-certified in accordance with NAVSEA-approved drawings, technical publications, standards and test procedures.
- Oversee and ensure supervisory and trades personnel performing repairs and/or installations are trained adequately and qualified accordingly to perform the task assigned.
- Act as a primary POC to government representatives assigned to oversee contracted repairs and/or installations.
- With oversight, develop Project Management Plans, including component plans for management of project scope, project schedule, project cost, and project changes. Also develop plans for management of project Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholders.
- Aid in development of project Work Breakdown Structures, cost estimates, and scope of work statements.
- With the assistance of assigned Schedulers, develop and maintain project schedules.
- Identify and specify the roles and responsibilities expected of project team members.
- Build a project team and lead the project kick-off meeting.
- Ensure products and services associated with the project meet or exceed Company and Customer/contract quality and delivery standards.
- Ensure that the MSD Quality Management System Project Management processes are utilized in project management activities.
- With support from assigned Program Analysts, track Project performance using Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques. Submit variance reports when required, and take positive action to restore EVM parameters within band. Communicate performance to senior management.
- Lead communications with Customers to convey project status and performance, and obtain Customer feedback.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for major deviations from approved Project plans.
- Resolve conflict with stakeholders within and around the Integrated Project Team.
- Monitor the performance of project vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage project risks, through identification and mitigation of preventable, strategic and external risks.
- Provide feedback regarding employee performance.
- Make recommendations for new processes where they may improve quality and organization effectiveness.
- Aid in the negotiation of contractual changes.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts.
- Examine estimates of material, equipment, and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, and values by living the Oceaneering Core Values: Safety and the Environment; Teamwork & People; Ethics; Customer Focus; Excellence; and Accountability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline from an accredited college or university, or a total fourteen (14) years’ experience in shipboard repair/installation programs in lieu of an Engineering Degree as listed below;
- (a) Eight (8) years’ experience as a foreman in a Naval and/or commercial shipyard. Submarine repair/installation experience shall consist of design, operation, maintenance, repair, testing installations or alterations of Naval Ships HM&E; Systems and Equipment; working knowledge of Navy data systems, and knowledge of Navy procedures for establishing and maintaining equipment maintenance requirements.
- A graduate of a Shipyard Apprenticeship Program, or a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of six (6) years military supervisory experience in Submarine structural, mechanical and/or electrical system repair/installations.
- Five (5) years of specialized experience in performing SUBSAFE/Level I Material work and Submarine testing and certification/re-certification procedures.
- Working knowledge of Naval Sea Systems Command, Naval Surface Warfare Center(s), Naval Shipyards, and Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Conversion and Repair and Type Commanders' organizations.
- Four (4) years’ experience in design, operation, maintenance, repair, testing installations or alterations of Naval Ships Hull and Deck Machinery Systems and Equipment; working knowledge of Navy data systems, and knowledge of Navy procedures for establishing and maintaining equipment maintenance requirements.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Demonstrated experience requiring a high degree of proficiency in all MS Office Professional applications, especially MS Excel.
- Demonstrated experience requiring exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience requiring exceptional analytical problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Demonstrated experience requiring proficiency in MS Project or similar project scheduling tools.
- Understanding of basic Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) requirements.
- Understanding of the basic types of Government contracts such as fixed price, cost reimbursable, incentive fee, award fee, and/or time & material, and how they impact project execution decision-making.
- Masters Degree in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline, or business, finance, or management.
- Prior experience as a Control Account Manager (CAM) within an Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Demonstrated experience requiring proficiency in Financial Information Management Systems such as PeopleSoft, Deltek, or similar applications.
- Demonstrated experience requiring proficiency in MS Project or similar project scheduling tools.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring/enforcing compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Experience managing the financial aspects of multiple types of Government contracts such as fixed price, cost reimbursable, incentive fee, award fee, and/or time & material.
- Demonstrated experience requiring proficiency in Oracle Primavera (P6).
Ability to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance
- Oceaneering Marine Services Division can only hire “US Citizens” who are not dual citizens of any other country to work at its’ facilities. You can verify your citizenship with the Self-Check through E-Verify (uscis.gov), if available in your state of residence.
This position is considered PRODUCTION/OUTDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
The shipyard/base/manufacturing work environment; the site may contain mobility barriers with uneven ground level and obstructed pathways. Climatic and environmental conditions at the job site will be indoor/outdoor climate with various temperatures and noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, and etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM**work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces,kneel, jump, run, and work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13305
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia;Bremerton, Washington
Full/Part Time: Full-Time