Oceaneering Material Planning Supervisor in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E;) systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD)._
Supervise a team of Material planners in the development and review ofJob Material Lists (JML) in support of material requirements for Technical Work Documents which support a Project’s contracted work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete the Material Planner Qualification Card.
- Supervise a team of material planners in the development, review, delivery, and changes to Job Material Lists (JMLs) supporting contracted work.
- Develop JMLs through review of applicable drawings and technical references as invoked by the applicable statement of work. Interface with Purchasing Department to provide written material quotes and determine total material cost for bids/quotes when directed.
- Conduct all necessary research, to include reviewing source material, using the ATIS application software, working with other subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Review TGIs/TWDs, and JMLs for administrative and technical accuracy and quality.
- Participate in the Bid and Proposal process by working with an Integrated Project Team to develop material lists and costs, and Engineering Estimates from Statements of Work (SOW) and Requests for Proposals (RFQs). Review and analyze historical data, lessons learned, and other associated information to generate material costs and Engineering Estimates for future work.
- Use ISO metrics, Engineering Department performance metrics, and other oversight metrics or reports to improve engineering personnel performance, identify training gaps, reduce cost, and maintain organization standards.
- Demonstrate a broad and detailed knowledge, understanding and application of requirements in the OII-MSD Submarine & Deep Submergence Systems Quality Assurance Manual, Submarine safety Certification Boundary Book(s) (SSCB), SUBSAFE Requirements Manual (SSRM), Submarine Level 1 Material Identification and Control (MIC) Boundary Book, and OII-MSD Process Instructions.
- Review and maintain various internal databases supporting development and maintenance of engineering products.
- Attend Project meetings, as directed, and provide accurate timely status and meaningful input as it pertains to the development and delivery of engineering products.
- Attend Project Hotwash/Lessons Learned meetingsto ensure engineering products are adequately reviewed, lessons learned identified, and necessary technical work document changes identified and incorporated.
- Provide oversight during the Development of TGIs and JMLs through review of applicable drawings and references.
- Interface with technical staff and reviewers to resolve discrepancies and conflicts while TGIs are in the review and approval process.
- Work closely with the Control Cost Analyst to monitor departmental man hour expenditures, identify trends, and take appropriate actions to maintain budget and schedule adherence.
- Notify Engineering Management prior to exceeding assigned budgets.
- Respond in a timely manner to all AS&E; findings and take appropriate corrective actions as directed by Engineering Management.
- Read, understand and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics and specifications to validate content of engineering products and determine testing requirements.
- Interface with Purchasing Department, Technical Staff and vendors as required to ensure the technical adequacy of requested material. Assist with determining acceptable material substitutions when required.
- Conduct performance evaluations and make recommendations for promotions or compensation changes.
- Review resumes and make hiring recommendations to Engineering Management.
- Drive process improvement and organizational efficiency and provide recommendations to Engineering Management.
- Make recommendations for minor disciplinary actions and also make recommendations for more serious personnel actions if necessary.
- BS in Engineering discipline; or AS in engineering discipline with additional vocational courses in pipefitting, plumbing or hydraulic systems practice and theory; or High School/GED with Apprenticeship Diploma; or ten years military and/or civilian experience with shipboard systems repair, modification or installation in a repair department or shipyard.
- Five years of experience in writing maintenance, operations and troubleshooting procedures. In-depth working knowledge of the following: shipboard HM&E; systems (repair/installation practices, procedures, alignments, troubleshooting, etc.), Combat System (VLS and torpedo stowage, handling, launching components & associated systems and the 3” Launcher system, Sail, Mast and antennas systems. Display knowledge of UIPIs, Navy Standard Items, MILSPEC, Level I Material Control and SUBSAFE requirements. Demonstrated experienced in technical documentation development and editing for large-scale engineering systems both commercial and military customers.
- Engineering background desired.
- Strong knowledge of business activities focusing on manfacturing, to include welding and machining.
- Experience with team-based continuous improvement activities.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to successfully interact with all levels of the Company and subcontractor organizations.
- Familiarity with Government publication standards for specifications and manuals.
- Well-developed application software skills in Windows environment, with emphasis in Microsoft Office applications.
- Communication and multi-tasking skills essential.
- Familiarity with NAVSEA 0924-062-0010, Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) Requirements Manual; OII-MSD PI-012, Task Group Instruction Development and Control; OII-MSD Surface Ship Quality Assurance Manual & OII-MSD PI-039, Re-Entry Control Process
- Must be able to obtain Secret or Confidential security clearance.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to drive and manage organizationalchange.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13915
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia;Mayport, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time