Oceaneering Level II NDT Inspector in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E;) systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD)._
Assure Nondestructive Testing (NDT) inspections are in compliance with customer directives, requirements, and specifications. This individual will be qualified to properly set up and calibrate equipment to interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications. This individual will be familiar with the scope and limitations of the NDT methods for which qualified/certified and will exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of NDT trainees and NDT Level I personnel. This individual will be able to organize and report the results of NDT inspections. Ensure the requirements set forth in the company Process Instructions and QA Manual are adhered to and enforced. Other duties include working outside of the NDT field in a Tiger Team work environment. Frequent travel and overtime may be required. Strong analytical skills required.
Duties & Responsibilities
Performing proper set up and calibration of NDT equipment. Interpretation and evaluation of NDT results with respect to applicable codes, standards and specifications. This individual will be familiar with the scope and limitations of the NDT methods for which qualified/certified. This individual will be able to organize and report results of NDT inspections. Methods include as a minimum: Visual Inspection (VT), Dye Penetrant Inspection (PT) and Ultrasonic Inspection (UT) methods may also be used.
- Maintaining custody of the equipment required for Level-II NDT inspections.
- Maintaining personal NDT training and qualifications.
- Documenting inspection attributes correctly on company Quality Assurance forms.
Experience and Education
- High School/GED education at a minimum.
- Previous Military or industrial training/qualification/certification/experience must be documented to meet Level II requirements.
- As an option, this individual may have been a NDT Level I or NDT Trainee at OII-MSD to meet previous training/qualification/experience requirements.
- At a minimum, this individual will be certified, able to work independently, and proficient in the following methods: VT and PT.
- Additional certifications of other NDT methods preferred, i.e. MT, UT, RT, ET.
- NBPL certification a plus.
- Technical knowledge with submarine and/or surface combat ships recommended.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with personnel in and outside of the organization.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance issued by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Applicant will be subject to periodic security investigations and must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government.
- In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
Oceaneering Marine Services Division can only hire “US Citizens” who are not dual citizens of any other country to work at its’ facilities. You can verify your citizenship with the Self-Check through E-Verify (uscis.gov), if available in your state of residence.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Includes exposure to contaminants.
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures.
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people.
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM**work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds.
- Work in confined spaces,kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lift 10-25 pounds.
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Lift up to 10 pounds.
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14158
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time