Oceaneering Lead Controlled Material Handler in Chesapeake, Virginia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Our Marine Services Division has more than 30 years experience in providing full-service ship repair capabilities for the US Naval Vessels including submarines, surface ships and crafts and deep submergence systems. Operating from state-of-the-art facilities in Chesapeake, Virginia, we are certified in Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) and Deep Submergence System Scope of Certification (DSS-DOC) repair activities, and specialize in the design, repair, maintenance, modification, and installation of hull, mechanical and electrical (HM&E;) systems.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Marine Services Division (MSD)._
Sets daily workload schedule and priorities for assigned personnel. Trains newly assigned personnel. Manages and administers the Hazardous Material / Waste program.
- Provides leadership, sound and independent judgment to execute company policies and procedures in support of projects/contracts.
- Resolves issues, through direct interaction with program managers, department managers, project managers, supervisors, and customers which may impact product quality, delivery, schedules or costs.
- Formulates, through original and independent thinking, methods and processes which improve safety, quality or production, or decrease costs.
- Is self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and has effective interpersonal skills when interfacing, coordinating and dealing with customers and company personnel.
- Has knowledge of project management, logistics management, material handling processes and databases.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing daily warehouse operations and assigned personnel. Ensuring matters related to material shipping and receiving (e.g., status, inspection, material segregation and control, etc.) are executed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensuring incoming material receipts are processed within 24 hours and verifying the appropriate records are updated daily. Segregating and processing material receipts by Contract and Job Order number, shop stores or consumables.
- Ensuring proper procedures for the receipt, inspection, maintenance, control and issue of material are followed in accordance with applicable process instructions.
- Maintaining shipping and receiving areas neatly and organized to process incoming and outgoing material. Ensuring all material shipments are ready by the designated time.
- Instructing the driver on daily schedule and priorities for pickups and deliveries.
- Managing and administering the Hazardous Material/Waste program.
- Assuming responsibility for, and providing guidance on, any issues relating to shipping, receiving, storage and disposal of hazardous materials/waste.
- Ensuring all stock and direct purchase hazardous materials are properly labeled, stored, and issued.
- Ensuring all shipments are inspected to verify they don’t contain any hazardous materials or hazardous waste.
- Ensuring all hazardous materials are packaged and shipped by an approved contractor.
- Compiling and maintaining a list of hazardous materials located at the facility.Conducting training in accordance with the department training plan.
- Ensuring warehouse personnel follow all safety procedures and wear the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- High School/GED with Technical School Apprenticeship Diploma and additional administrative vocational courses, or High School/GED with training and experience with controlled material.
- Must possess superior knowledge regarding: Level 1 material relating to Submarine Safety (SUBSAFE) Requirements Manual NAVSEA 0924-LP-062-0010 and Material Control Division material relating to System Certification Procedures and Criteria Manual for Deep Submergence Systems SS 800-AG-MAN-010/P-9290.
- Minimum four years working with programs related to detailed receipt inspections, technical documentation, material custody, and inventory control. Must evaluate test reports and other documentation to ensure chemical and physical properties of received material meet the specification requirements of the Purchase Order and other technical documents, and be able to document and communicate the results effectively.
- Must have strong command of Microsoft Office Professional suite software. Experience with PeopleSoft software is desired.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate and interface with personnel in and outside the department, and effective supervisory skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13952
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time