Oceaneering Senior Software Test Engineer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Work with a multidisciplinary team to develop automated and manual tests for AGVs (Automated Guided Vehicles) and AGV related system software.
Duties & Responsibilities
Mentor Engineers on automated and manual testing assignments
Work with the QA Manager in Utrecht to develop and execute a quality program for the software products of that group. This included internal deliverables and customer project deliverables.
Develop, document, run, and report on automated tests.
Develop, document, run, and report on manual tests.
Convert existing manual tests to automated tests.
Work with System engineers and software to develop tests from system specifications.
Document and develop device emulators that mimic real AGV device protocols for use in the automated and manual tests.
Expand the simulation capabilities of the AGV software to better support automated testing.
Define, Schedule, Coordinate and Execute projects with the Utrecht team.
Lead multiple projects at the same time, including cross-functional projects
Review work carried out by other engineers including documentation
Define functional processes and work towards continuous improvement
Share regular updates about work
Monitor performance on relevant key performance indicators
- Provide technical guidance on multiple areas of expertise to other team members, act as SME
- Prepare & conduct technical trainings
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Guide team members to have them accomplish their performance goals
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
- Work towards establishing Operational Excellence at ODC. Support Quality Management System implementation at ODC and drive Continuous Improvement process.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
- May require a multi-month trip to the Netherlands for training shortly after starting on the job. Additional trips to the Netherlands may be required as per the project need.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position will require to functionally lead entry level Engineers.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience with minimum 6 years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience with software unit testing frameworks such as GTest
- Experience with software system testing frameworks
- Software development experience in C++ or Javafor at least 6 Years
- Object oriented software design experience
- Experience with Linux
- Experience writing unit/integration tests and test procedures
- Experience working with a software development team in the USA is strongly desired
- Experience with issue tracking software - experience with Jira preferred
- Experience with revision control software - experience with Subversion and GIT preferred
- Experience with C++11 or newer
- Experience with serial (RS-232) communication a plus
- Experience with CAN communication a plus
- Must be fluent in the English language. German or Dutch is a plus.
- Experience with Robotics a big plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to read, understand, debug and modify existing product code;
- Ability to act independently generating innovative solutions to complex problems;
- Customer focused attitude;
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad several weeks at a time during system installation;
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment;
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Self motivated, confident and passionate
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Able to make decisions in conflicting situation
- Should be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Able to manage a wide variety of discrete functions and services
- Able to set priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Job ID: 12742
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time