Oceaneering Senior Electrical Engineer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Electrical Engineer defines and maintains design rules, leads R&D; projects, consults and sets direction on new designs required for client projects, supports supplier qualification and new product assessments, supports, coaches and mentors junior engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adopt and maintain a strong, ever-present and overriding culture of safety in all facets of professional activities and actively help manage and promote Oceaneering’s HSE policies and practices.
- Perform conceptual and detailed design work, engineering calculations, and analysis in support of the development of subsea / offshore systems.
- Prepare technical procedures for assembly, testing, and operations. Contribute at the assembly, sub-system, and system levels of projects.
- Study, interpret, and implement requirements from industry codes and regulatory authorities.
- Be capable of working within a structured new product development environment and have experience of working with structured development methodologies. Creating Qualification Test Plans/Reports compliant to industry standards for New Product Development.
- Expertise on Power/Electromagnetic Analysis of Low Voltage/Medium Voltage Systems as per industry standards. Harmonic studies of electrical systems.
- Power and electromagnetic analysis of electric equipment; Performing Transmission Line studies; Load Flow Analysis; Interactive Current/Thermal studies, comparison of test data with the analysis data and creating technical reports.
- Work with Proposals Engineering and Sales/Project Engineering & Management to support bids; creation of procurement specifications and performance reports.
- Interface with Clients, both internal and external, to clearly define requirements and provide robust technical solutions.
- Work with sub-contractors and Oceaneering personnel to qualify splicing techniques.
- Participate in Supplier assessment and auditing of manufacture/test facilities.
- Evaluate and source testing and manufacturing equipment.
- Support the global supply chain in assessing and qualifying new suppliers, materials and products.
- Develop and maintain analysis and design programs for electrical systems, and provide documentation to facilitate worldwide use.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This person will report to Manager- Engineering.
- Bachelors degree in ElectricalEngineering or allied discipline.
- +5 years experience working in a similar role.
- Knowledge of PLC architecture development, safety function definition, component selection, circuit design, specification development, trade study, and block diagram development
- Knowledge of the following industry codes: API 17E, ICEA S-95-658, ISO 13628-5, IEEE, NFPA, NEC, UL etc.
- Familiarity with Flux2D/ANSYS Maxwell Electrical Analysis Tool
- Familiarity with Multiphysics packages such as Comsol for thermal and electrical analysis
- Familiarity with cable design packages such as optem
- Familiarity with CAD packages such as AutoCAD
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with project management software such as Primavera or Microsoft project.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13839
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time