Oceaneering Senior Design Engineer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Design and develop product in form of device, assembly or a system and validate it to formulate all required technical specifications. Supervise entry level Engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- SUPERVISE & MENTOR ENGINEERS ON PRODUCT DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT ASSIGNMENTS
- EXECUTE COMPLEX DESIGN PROJECTS FROM START TO DELIVERY
- LEAD MULTIPLE PROJECTS AT THE SAME TIME, INCLUDING SMALL CROSS-FUNCTIONAL PROJECTS
- DIRECT TEAM OF DESIGN ENGINEERS TO ENABLE THEM HANDLE DESIGN PROJECTS EFFECTIVELY
- REVIEW WORK CARRIED OUT BY OTHER DESIGN ENGINEERS
- LEAD DESIGN REVIEWS
- APPROVE DELIVERIES MADE BY TEAM
- ASCERTAIN COMPLIANCE TO ESTABLISHED ENGINEERING PROCESSES BY A TEAM OF DESIGN ENGINEERS
- DEFINE FUNCTIONAL PROCESSES AND WORK TOWARDS CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- ACT AS SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT FOR ONE OR MORE BUSINESS UNITS FOR DESIGN PROJECTS
- COMMUNICATE WITH BUSINESS UNITS TO UNDERSTAND THEIR DESIGN & ANALYSIS NEEDS
- DEFINE SCOPE OF WORK
- PLAN JOBS
- HAVE RESOURCES ALLOCATED
- SHARE REGULAR UPDATES ABOUT WORK
- MONITOR PERFORMANCE ON RELEVANT KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- VALIDATE TIMESHEETS OF TEAM MEMBERS ASSIGNED
- PROVIDE TECHNICAL GUIDANCE ON MULTIPLE AREAS OF EXPERTIZE TO OTHER TEAM MEMBERS, ACT AS SME
- PREPARE & CONDUCT TECHNICAL TRAININGS
- Guide team members to have them accomplish their performance goals
- Should be open to travel as per business needs
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities and requires functional leading of entry level Engineers.
Assistant Manager - Design.
- Post Graduation (Master degree) in Mechanical Engineering with minimum four years of relevant industry experience; - OR -
Graduation (Bachelor degree) in Mechanical Engineering with minimum six years of relevant industry experience
- Expert level user of Solidworks and PLM/PDM software
- Strong knowledge of more than one relevant Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g.; ASME, DNV, API, AISC etc.)
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD & any calculations software
- Basic knowledge of project management software (e.g. Primavera)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
- Mentoring skills
- Leadership abilities
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13964
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time