Oceaneering Senior Control Engineer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Lead and assist a team of control engineers to provide Industrialized Solutions (Rockwell PLCs) to different products and sevices business of the company. Help the business to go to the market faster with industrial certified safety and connectivity to Big Data.
Duties & Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise & mentor Engineers on control and automation projects
- Develop hardware and Software architecture design as per Company standard
- Develop / run software for given hardware platform to test proof of concepts (PoC) ideas using appropriate tool.
- Develop, run, and report on qualification tests for Rockwell based control equipment.
- Should be able to work on Control Guard Logix, Compact Guard Logix, Point IO, Panelview, Powerflex Motion Drives, Stratix Switches, Studio 5000, Factory Talk View, OSISoft-PI, OPC, CIP, CIP Motion, CIP Safety and various industry standards in safety and high performance HMI.
- Support field trial of the developed product at various locations worldwide.
- Review the block diagrams / layout drawings prepared by Drafters for mechanical, electrical, network, control etc.
- Execute projects from start to delivery
- Coordinate project deliveries and schedules with the Automation & Control team in the USA
- Lead multiple projects at the same time, including small cross-functional projects
- Direct team of junior engineers to enable them handle the assignments effectively
- Review work carried out by other engineers, review the documents prepared by the team
- Approve deliveries made by team
- Ascertain compliance to established test processes by the team.
- Define functional processes and work towards continuous improvement
- Define scope of work, Plan jobs, Have resources allocated
- Share regular updates about work
- Monitor performance on relevant key performance indicators
- Validate timesheets of team members assigned
- Provide technical guidance on multiple areas of expertise to other team members, act as SME
- Prepare & conduct technical trainings
- Will require a multi-month trip to the USA for training shortly after starting on the job. Additional trips to the USA / other countries may be required as per the project need.
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Guide team members to have them accomplish their performance goals
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
- Automation & Control, or Electrical Engineering, or Electronics & Communication or equivalent degree with minimum 8 years of relevant industry experience. At least 2 Years of experience in leading a team.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Rockwell Control HW/SW development experience for at least 6 Years
- Experience of working with platform to establish communication with third party devices
- Exposure of working on various network protocols viz. EtherNet, ControlNet etc.
- Experience working with a software development team in the USA is strongly desired
- Must be fluent in the English language.
- Proven ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel and management
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Familiarity with Program management / Project management including exposure with Microsoft Project Management /Primavera P6 is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Self motivated, confident and passionate
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Able to make decisions in conflicting situation
- Should be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Able to manage a wide variety of discrete functions and services
- Able to set priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Working Conditions . This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
Physical Activity/Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 12636
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time