Oceaneering ROV Engineering Assistant - Grade III in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The main purpose of this position is to provide technical support to queries associated with ROV and its equipment. It includes Database Management using helpdesk and knowledge base softwares, assisting in troubleshooting using available resources and preparing customized reports for management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Resolve queries associated with ROV and its equipment and “real time” troubleshooting using available documentation & resources.
- Prepare, revise and verify technical procedures/documentation for addressing issues/ requirements of offshore and onshore personnel.
- Prepare a Technical database/ procedures based on inputs from Subject Matter Experts and previous data of queries/ issues resolved for future reference.
- Database Management using helpdesk and knowledge base software like Peoplesoft, Business Intelligence, Smartsolve etc with precision.
- Prepare and verify ROV Spec Sheets; Audit Regulatory certificates of all the Major Components; maintain and audit Asset Tracking and Export Control transactions.
- Prepare customized reports and dashboards for Operations, Commercial Bidding, Technical Departments and Senior management.
- Identify, Evaluate and Interpret trends for detailed analysis of data.
- Attend meetings and phone calls for providing support to onshore and offshore operations.
- Assist support engineer / supervisor with onshore projects e.g. Kakinada, Batam & Singapore.
- Undertake continuous improvement training program and specific projects as instructed by management.
- Assist Engineers with all technical support functions.
- Handle escalated queries from Administrators.
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to proactively ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Proactively identify workplace hazards and suggest improvements to enhance the safety and quality of the work environment.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence and precision following the guidelines of the Integrated Management System of the company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environment friendly substances and better practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the work environment.
- B. TECH in ELECTRONICS (E)
- Able to work in shifts42.5 hours (weekly) (Morning, Evening, Night & Weekends) (E)
- Knowledge of MS-Office and computer fundamentals (E)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD (P)
- 0-1 year experience in Support Operations (P)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Skills in English
- Creative thinking and team work skills
- Possessing a proactive, positive, “can-do” attitude
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 14544
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time