Oceaneering Principal Structural Engineer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Lead a team of Structural Engineering analysts. Execute cross functional Engineering projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Structural Engineering analysts
- Lead multiple projects at the same time, including large/complex projects involving multiple disciplines
- Direct team of analysts to enable them handle analysis projects effectively
- Review work carried out by other analysts, lead design reviews
- Approve deliveries made by team
- Ascertain compliance to established Engineering processes by functional or project teams assigned
- Define functional processes and work towards continuous improvement
Act as account manager for one or more business units for analysis projects
Communicate with business units to understand their design & analysis needs
Plan project and allocate resources.
Share regular updates about projects with Business Unit
Monitor performance on relevant key performance indicators
Identify growth opportunities
Maintain performance records for team members & provide performance feedback about team members to line manager whenever needed
- Approve Engineering process documents
- Approve timesheets of team members assigned
- Prepare & conduct technical trainings
- Develop & maintain individual & team level competency matrices
- Identify individual training needs
- Participate in to goal setting process for team members
- Provide Engineering guidance to other disciplines
- Keep abreast of industry trends and issues
- Comply to organizational policies & procedures and guide team members about compliance to these policies.
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Ascertain team members accomplish their performance goals
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reporting to Manager Engineering Analysis
- Post Graduation (Master degree) in Structures (or related) with minimum seven years of relevant industry experience, OR
Graduation (Bachelor degree) in Civil/Mechanical (or related) Engineering with minimum nine years of relevant industry experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Expertise in Structural analysis software such as RISA / Robot / Staad-Pro/Sesam Genie etc
- Strong knowledge of more than one relevant Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g. ASME, DNV, API, AISC etc.)
- Basic knowledge of CAD software used (e.g. Solidworks)
- Basic knowledge of project management software (e.g. Primavera)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of FEA software like ANSYS is desired
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13965
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time