Oceaneering Principal Integrity Engineer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To implement Integrity Management services on Pressure Systems for the allocated Assets/sites and Corrosion and Risk Management services. These services are to be in line with Oceaneering and Client’s documentary requirements and onshore / offshore legislation(s) where applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform Integrity Management, Inspection Management, Risk Assessment, Corrosion Engineering activities for Pressure Systems in accordance with client contractual requirements
- Ensure projects are performed in accordance with industry codes/standards, legislation, accreditation, and Oceaneering or Client policies/procedures
- Prepare and implement Pressure Systems Integrity and Inspection Management strategies and risk based assessments
- Prepare and implement corrosion management strategies, procedures, standards and plans
- Participate and provide input to review and analysis of Pressure Systems equipment data (history, inspections, design documents, process, IOW) for input into assessments and studies
- Perform risk assessments, life assessments, authoritative reviews and associated engineering calculations or studies for static mechanical Pressure Systems as required
- Provide material and corrosion related expertise and effectively interact with multi-disciplinary RBA or other process groups
- Develop comprehensive examination schemes (and where required work packs) for inspections and activities based on RBI outcomes, ensuring all parties are fully conversant with all aspects of the work scopes
- Execute work-scope for corrosion circuits, collation of data, credible corrosion threats, material susceptibility, unmitigated corrosion/erosion rate modeling, corrosion barriers and effectiveness, damage locations, failure modes and monitoring plans as required
- Perform engineering analysis, assessments, investigations and research within agreed parameters
- Develop / update asset Corrosion Management Strategy (CMS) and associated Corrosion Control Matrices (CCM) based on the RBA outcome
- Provide corrosion-related input in the definition of safe operating boundaries for the assets
- Develop / Update the asset corrosion related KPIs when required by the client upon the completion of RBA
- Look out for anomalies in the design, construction or operation of the asset and raise technical notes or integrity alerts to as needed
- Write accurate and concise reports or documents comprising of review, analyses, and trend integrity management or risk assessment data and outputs
- Input to the Client short and long term plans in accordance with Client planning process
- Develop strong relationships internally with the integrity management team and externally with Clients as well as Contractors and site personnel to ensure excellence in delivery and an effective integrity service
- Undertake offshore or site visits as and when required
- Train junior Engineers and supervise / approve their work
- Support the Line Manager in management of Oceaneering contract providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management including budgets/forecasting
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position may have technical supervisory/leadership responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline in a relevant subject (e.g. Mechanical or allied, Corrosion, Materials, Metallurgy Engineering)
- Master’s Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline in a relevant subject (e.g. Mechanical or allied, Corrosion , Materials Engineering)
- API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector, API 570 Piping Inspection, API 580 Risk Based Inspection or equivalent e.g. ASME/CSWIP Plant Inspector Level 1 or 2
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in relation to the job description with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in relation to the job description with Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Expertize and application of standards, risk assessments principles, material properties relevant to mechanical plant & equipment integrity and legislation(s) associated with in-service inspection of plant and equipment
- Knowledge of QA/QC systems/procedures and NDT techniques
- Knowledge of design, manufacturing, metallurgy, welding and codes associated with fabrication and construction of plant and equipment
- Good communicator, both written, verbal and technical to make complex terminology simple for the benefit of others
- Good ability to develop relationships with client and/or contractor personnel at various levels of seniority and from diverse cultures
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 14542
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time