Oceaneering Principal Engineering Analyst in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Lead team of Engineering analysts. Execute cross functional Engineering projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead a team of Engineering analysts
- Lead multiple projects at the same time, including large/complex projects involving multiple disciplines
- Direct team of analysts to enable them handle analysis projects effectively
- Review work carried out by other analysts, lead design reviews
- Approve deliveries made by team
- Ascertain compliance to established Engineering processes by functional or project teams assigned
- Define functional processes and work towards continuous improvement
- Act as account manager for one or more business units for analysis projects
- Communicate with business units to understand their design & analysis needs
- Define scope of work
- Plan jobs
- Have resources allocated
- Share regular updates about work
- Monitor performance on relevant key performance indicators
- Identify growth opportunities
- Participate into governance meetings with business units
- Approve Engineering process documents
- Approve timesheets of team members assigned
- Prepare & conduct technical trainings
- Maintain performance records for team members & provide performance feedback about team members to line manager whenever needed
- Develop & maintain individual & team level competency matrices
- Identify individual training needs
- Participate in to goal setting process for team members
- Provide Engineering guidance to other disciplines
- Keep abreast of industry trends and issues
- Evaluate need of resource (people, software etc.) and provide recommendations
- Should be open to travel as per business needs
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Ascertain team members accomplish their performance goals
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices
- Guide team members about compliance to organizational policies laid out
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience & Software Skills
- Expert level knowledge on use of FEA & calculation software
- Strong knowledge of more than one relevant Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g.; ASME, DNV, API, AISC etc.)
- Basic knowledge of CAD software used
- Basic knowledge of project management software (e.g. Primavera)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Competencies An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Organizing & planning skills
- Team building, coaching and mentoring skills
- Leadership abilities
- Business acumen
Essential Job Functions The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is indoors during the day and occasionally at night and is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing all ranges. This is considered light work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13158
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time