Oceaneering Network Engineer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The job purpose includes the design, installation and maintenance of the Global Data Solutions Data Network globally. The individual must be qualified at all levels of LAN, WAN, Voice, and Security technologies. Knowledge of standard project management practices with excellent written and oral communications skills are also required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Configuring, testing, and troubleshooting of network equipment such as Cisco routers/switches, IP phones, CME, CUE, and wireless LAN equipment in coordination with Project, Engineering, and Customer teams.
- Document all network designs, configurations, and network change requests to maintain real time accountability network architecture for Network Operations Center.
- Flexible schedule and sense of urgency to support escalations that impact business operations and client services.
- Answer phone and email client requests for support on GDS services
- Available after hours and weekends as needed and willing to work on-call rotation
- Maintain procedures and standards in support of Network operations and documentation required for network administration
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to work well in a team or individually.
- Continuously strive to learn new technology and product solutions required for Projects and Services
- Participate in project planning activities
- Standardize global design and documentation of data, voice, and video globally
- Promote positive work environment attitude
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsibility to manage several low complexity projects.
- Complete all operational and organizational tasks/processes independently and autonomously small projects.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- 2+ years working on Data, Wireless and Security technologies
- 2+ years experience directly working with customer and client technical teams
- Minimum 2+ years designing wireless networks for WAN and LAN solutions
- Minimum 2+ years in IPv4 and IPv6 subnetting and routing
- Minimum 2+ years designing global call routing with on Cisco VG, CME, CUE, and CCM.
- Minimum CCNA, CCNP Route & Switch/ CCNP Security / CCNP Voice / CCDA / CCDP / Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Design Specialist / Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Support Specialist (P)
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Troubleshooting software such as Solarwinds, Wireshark, and packet tracers
- DNS resolution
- Routing over VSAT, 4G LTE, WiMAX, Metro-ethernet, and fiber
- Cisco Wireless VoIP, Wireless Controllers, and autonomous and lightweight Access Points
Switching technology fundamentals
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- TCP/IP network protocols following the OSI model
- Cisco ASA Firewall with working knowledge of DMZ design and security best practices
- Wireless design typically gained from past experiences with the Cisco product line
- Configuring and troubleshooting GRE/IPSEC in a dynamic vpn environment
- QOS policies across the Enterprise for Data, Voice and Video solutions
- Cisco ASR’s, Nexus, Catalyst 6500’s, 2960’s, 2900 ISR, 4000 ISR, 819, 829, 3560, ASA and WISM product lines
- Cisco CME, CUE, SIP, SCCP, Telephony services, Voice Codec’s, and Translation patterns
- Routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, RIPv2, OSPF, PFRv3 and Static routing protocols while using IPSLA
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 14351
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time