Oceaneering Manager - Engineering Analysis in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position will manage a team of Engineering Analyst engaged in validating engineering design for products developed by OII and other companies using computer simulations and calculations ensuring fitness for service for intended design life. He will be responsible for quality of deliverables and process followed by the Analyst Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical and function leadership to the team of Engineering Analysts in order to provide the required innovation, efficiency and technical competency, to meet the business needs of internal clients located globally.
- Manage a team of Engineering Analysts to deliver analysis / calculation assignments for one or multiple Business Units from start to completion.
- Ensure design / design verification report compliance with relevant industry codes and with client design specifications. Review and approve Design Verification Report (DVR) for submission to 3rd party certifying agency.
- Ensure completeness & correctness of Functional Design Specifications, Design/load test specifications, calculation reports etc. created by the team / peers.
- Ensure quality of deliverables and maintain quality records. Look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Allocate resources for projects, taking into account competency and skill required for the specific project.
- Define annual performance objectives of team members in line with departmental/organizational objectives.
- Be responsible for performance management, conduct performance reviews and regular feedback sessions for team members.
- Compile group metrics and drive continuous improvement in engineering processes.
- Ensure compliance to functional / Department processes for each project by team.
- Monitor and control all projects for scope, budget, schedules and related risks.
- Develop project plans; Coordinate projects; Communicate changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Communicates frequently with stakeholders from Business Units and proactively resolves any issues.
- Leads the team and provide required mentoring, guidance & coaching to the team members.
- Create and Implement best practices for Analysis Engineering.
- Ensure quality of service and resource utilization through measuring and monitoring key performance indicators (KPI's).
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and understand client needs. Prepare presentations for governance meetings with business units and steer such meetings.
- Stay current on technical, industry trends and best practices.
- Carry out associated administrative duty for the direct reports viz. probation review, conducting appraisal, conducting interviews for recruitment, exit interview, leave approval, expense approval etc.
- Conduct toll-gate design reviews and participate as a reviewer.
- Assist in capacity planning, budget preparation etc. for their respective team.
- Prepare Competency Matrix for the team and keep it up to date by reviewing it half yearly. Work towards improving the competency Level of the team.
- Approve Time entry for direct reports.
- Participate in succession planning activities within department
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- ## Qualifications
- Bachelors / Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 10 / 8 yrs of experience. At least 3 yrs experience as a team lead or 1 yr experience as team manager.
- Expert level knowledge on use of ANSYS, MathCAD software
- Strong knowledge of more than one relevant Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g.; ASME, DNV, API, AISC etc.)
- Exposure with PLM / PDM Tools is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Program management / Project management including exposure with Microsoft Project Management / Primavera P6 is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Self motivated, confident and passionate
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Able to make decisions in conflicting situation
- Analytical mindset
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13950
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time