Oceaneering Jr Solution Analyst - SCM in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This role provides application support to end users on a variety of issues/support for PeopleSoft – Purchasing, Inventory, Cost Management, eProcurement, eSupplier Asset Tracking, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Supply Planning, Cloud Planning, Proposal Management and Order Management. This department will be the second level support for our worldwide users.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide global functional support to end users. Interface with the Business to resolve PeopleSoft Supply Chain and Manufacturing application related issues including data quality and system performance.
- Support multi-currency financial transactions.
- Create and suggest workarounds for issues while waiting for fixes.
- Support systems’ interfaces with other enterprise system owners to ensure that business processes are streamlined and business goals are achieved.
- Contribute as a key player on system upgrades (manage module(s) regression testing).
- System testing of all PeopleSoft financials application solutions, process and functionality, to ensure delivery of quality solutions.
- Create and maintain a knowledge base of issues and resolutions through ticketing system.
- Create and maintain training materials.
- Perform system testing for upgrades.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
This position reports to the Manager, Supply Chain Solution, Business Solutions
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing English.
- 1 to 3 years of experience working with PeopleSoft Supply Chain or other ERP tools.
- An understanding of Purchasing and Inventory.
- SQL knowledge to read and write queries.
- MS Office products experience.
- Knowledge of Purchasing, Inventory, Cost Management, eProcurement, eSupplier Asset Tracking, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Supply Planning, Cloud Planning, Proposal Management and Order Management.
- Experience in multi-currency environment(s).
- Understanding of any other Programing Language is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Integration through API is a plus
- Development experience in PeopleTools 8.5x or higher, Application Designer, Crystal Reports, PeopleCode, Application Engine, SQR, XML Publisher, Component Interface, Integration Broker is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Must have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with a variety of individuals and skill levels.
- Must possess good analytical skills in order to troubleshoot and resolve business process, information system and interpersonal issues.
- Must have the ability to be accountable for quality customer service.
- Must be able to complete routine assignments without direction.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13980
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time