Oceaneering General Ledger Analyst (Lease) in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Perform the essential day to day and month-end General Ledger accounting activities relating to leases, required for accurate reporting in line with accounting standards and internal policies for Oceaneering worldwide
Duties & Responsibilities
Tasks & Functions
- Compile and analyze financial information relating to leases to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and document business transactions.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare Balance sheets reconciliation, P&L statement and cash forecast. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Categorization of Financial transactions to reflect correctly as per company's policy and accounting standards.
- Follow and adhere a system of controls, procedures, and forms for any Financial reconciliation.
- Prepare and provide any reports to the auditors after approval from Supervisor.
- Update SOP’s on regular basis as per latest updates in the lease accounting standard ASC 842.
- Maintain SOX compliance process documentation and coordinate with local finance team to update them regularly.
- Perform any additional duties assigned as required.
Safety Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Other Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems. Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company. Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Commerce graduate or above.
Minimum of 5+ years’ experience with an international company
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal, written communications skills and Presentation skills
- Handle difficult customers and ability to work under pressure
- Team Player, Self motivated & Enthusiastic/Driven.
- Work positively and ethically
- Judgment & decision-making skills
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13806
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time