Oceaneering General Ledger Accounting Analyst in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To perform all Daily/month/Quarter/Year-end (as applicable) activities coming under purview of General Ledger accounting to accomplish accurate reporting in line with the accounting standards and internal policies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of different type of Balance sheets account's reconciliations and upload them on the portal after review within defined SLA's.
- Uploading Payments on Bank Portal.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and document business transactions
- Audit of AP transactions as per specified guidelines.
- Uploading of Year End Budgets/Forecasts in the system.
- Preparation of VAT computation for different international locations as per the applicable schedules.
- Providing required information for the different audits after being approved by the respective Supervisor.
- Maintain SOX compliance process documentation and coordinate with local finance team to update them regularly.
- Reporting and Analysis of financials as per management's requirements.
- Perform any other related duties and assignments as required or assigned, but not limited to above.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to the extent of reasonable practicability, in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company's Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
- Eliminate wastage in any form, to encourage the use of more environmental friendly substances and practices, contributing towards the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Commerce graduate or above.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with an international company
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Sound knowledge of GL Accounting processes and accounting principles.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and soft skills.
- Accurate and methodical in approach.
- Strong Communications and Presentation skills.
- Team Player, Self motivated & Enthusiastic.
- Flexibility and Adaptability.
- Judgment & decision-making skills.
- Problem-solving & analytical ability.
- Present oneself professionally with proper etiquettes.
- Be accountable for work by following instructions.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 14353
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time