Oceaneering DBA Manager in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This manager position is in IT Technical Platform – Application/DBA Administration team. Main responsibility of this position is to manage a 24x7 team of DBA/application administration personnel and overseeing enterprise coverage of technology such as Oracle database, Microsoft SQL database, .NET application development environment, PeopleSoft ERP, open source software like MongoDB, MySQL DB, and Tomcat J2EE app server, etc.
Preferred candidate should possess technical knowledge of RDBMS system to analyze, test, and implement database design supporting various business applications. Starting from base definition, data structure, documentation, capacity management, and operational guideline, to ensuring data integrity, recovery, maintenance, and audit requirement are met for the various production/development/test environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate on Planning, organizing and execution of the work and policies for IT Technical Platform (DBA / Application Administration) Team with corporate IT.
- Interact with Managers from both IT and non IT teams to collaborate on different Projects and regular work.
- Responsible for local recruiting of IT Technical talent in: Oracle Databases Administrators, SQL Server Administrators, Dot Net Admins/Developers, Application Express Developers, Business Intelligence Admins, and Open Source Developers.
- Leading a team of people with diverse technology skill sets which includes Oracle Databases, Oracle Applications, Microsoft SQL Server, Team Foundation Server, Dot Net, Oracle Application Express, Hadoop and Business Intelligence; to fully leverage each team member’s talent and skillset.
- Responsible for setting up of Monitoring, Performance Management of the Databases and Applications in production and pre-production systems.
- Managing a team in 24x7x365 environment.
- Leading different projects with various set of people which includes database upgrade projects, application upgrade projects and Health check of the database and applications.
- Responsible for fine tuning performance and high availability of databases, application, and clustering technology to fulfill business defined SLA's
- Managing recurring IT Maintenance Activities and Disaster Recovery drill's which includes coordination with IT technical teams, providing technical support for the process and making improvement.
- Taking ownership and applying skills on problem management, problem solving and prevention of SLA breach under Incident / Problem Management processes
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives.
- Open to travel as per business needs
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all contracting and procurement activities are conducted in accordance with company policy, ethical and business practices.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to Jonathan Chern.
- This position is a replacement of Navneet Upneja.
- Full Time Graduates / Post Graduates in: BE / BTech / ME / MTech / MSc / MCA / MCM / MS
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills in English language
- Experience Range: 3 - 6 years
- Team player
- Management experience of a global 24x7 support team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Technical Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills in one of technical stacks.
- Organizing & planning skill in juggling multiple IT projects.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13435
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time