Oceaneering Credit and Collections Analyst in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Credit and Collections Analyst performs research and analysis on customer creditworthiness upon request from Sales, Commercial and other Company Management on a day to day basis, providing recommendations for review and approval by Treasury Management. Analysis and research includes utilizing internal and external records and tools to assess credit risk for new and existing customers in global and cross business line functions. Collection responsibilities include performing high volume, global and cross business line internal and external customer service regarding collections monitoring, troubleshooting, review and reporting, identifying and resolving discrepancies, assuming responsibility for reducing delinquent accounts as part of a team in addition to independent responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare credit and collection data and analysis for Treasury Management review around the establishment of credit limits and subsequent adjustments
- Create, review and maintain customer information records in company accounting system
- Review, monitor and maintain existing customer credit limits, making recommendations to Treasury Management for changes to the family tree
- Document root cause credit delinquency issues for further investigation and improvements
- Prepare statements of account and maintain audit records
- Prepare and distribute monthly collections reports for internal approvals and maintain audit records
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, provide information for customer refunds, resolve on account balances, unapplied cash, resolve client discrepancies and short payments
- Contacting customers via phone, e-mail or other approved means to achieve timely payments
- Escalate trends of delinquent customers to immediate supervisor and management as required
- Assist with preparation of information pertaining to customer liquidation and bankruptcies
- Participate in process improvement projects, and support other management directives to minimize bad debt
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Credit and Collections Function
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Manager, Credit and Collections
Bachelor’s degree in accounting / finance or equivalent industry experience
Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of collections, billing, credit risk or related accounting background
Strong reporting, research, analysis, communications, and organizational skills as well as self-starting ability are required for this position.
Familiarity with laws relating to credit and collections
Complete knowledge of Microsoft Office, database and ERP software
Experience in multiple / split currencies and country specific deductions
Ability to understand and utilize customer contractual agreements
Working knowledge of PeopleSoft
Familiarity with client portals
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with internal and external customers
Concise preparation and presentation of facts and analysis for internal and external parties
Work as part of a global team, collaborating with team members including provision of updates for project specific assignments
Organized, flexible and resourceful
Proven ability in troubleshooting, excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make recommendations
Strong and effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, manage stress and multiple responsibilities
Self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency
Provide and receive constructive feedback
Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
Knowledge of Credit, Billing and Collections procedures
Bottom of Form
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
Work surface is stable (flat)
Willingness to travel nationally and internationally for short periods if required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
§ Lift up to 20 pounds
§ Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
§ Lift up to 10 pounds
§ Repetitive movements of arms and hands
§ Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13130
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time