Oceaneering Application Developer in Chandigarh, India
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
We are looking for Application Developer with strong experience in technical and analytical skills, with an emphasis on the implementation of best practice security principles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility will be creation of large or complex applications that facilitate the achievement of business outcomes through the use of process and technology
- Collaborate day-to-day with an energetic team of like-minded developers, product managers and others.
- Candidate should be very much proactive and possess positive attitude.
- Should be highly self motivated and strong team player
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Quickly learn existing applications in portfolio and should be able to provide support.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Manager - Rapid Application Development
Full Time Graduates / Post Graduates in: BE / BTech / ME / MTech / MSc / MCA / MCM / MS
Advanced proficiency in SEAN Stack (NodeJS, SQL DB, Express, AngularJS)
Strong experience with MS SQL Server. Strong knowledge in writing SQL queries & stored procedures.
Thorough knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
Exceptional verbal, written and listening skills.
Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
Excellent hands-on design, coding, testing methodologies and debugging skills
Good experience with designing and implementing REST APIs for consumption by multiple platforms
Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience the No SQL Database like MongoDB would be added advantage.
- Microsoft technologies, including .NET, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, ASP.NET Web API
- Integration with AWS/Azure/VMWare
- Microsoft and other technical certifications not required but highly desired
- Experience with JIRA will be added advantage
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
- Must be able to speak and write English with advanced proficiencies and experience speaking with international customers is a plus.
- Should be able to work independently, as well as on teams, in an agile, global environment
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13924
Location: Chandigarh, India
Full/Part Time: Full-Time