Oceaneering SIS Trainee Engineer in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
To support Specialist Inspection activities on sites within the UK, Offshore, and Overseas. Ensuring qualifications and competencies are up to date. Supporting SIS Engineers and Technical Leads as required. To be self sufficient and organised in pre job equipment preparation, execution and post job activities.
- Required to assist SIS Engineers and Technical leads in day to day activities.
- Assisting with client enquiries, organisation and execution of jobs following work instructions.
- Preparing equipment, maintenance and QHSE (Oceaneering and Client) documentation.
- To further train and qualify in Standard and Non-Standard NDT disciplines.
- Travel as part of a team, to be self sufficient and organised in pre job preparation, execution and post job activities including reporting and job file completion.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- SIS Engineers
- Regional Technical Lead
- SIS Technical Manager
- General Manager
Standard NDT qualifications to Level 2.
Have theability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Have the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Computer Skills, Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
Hold a full UK driving license.
Non-Standard qualifications as determined by SIS Management.
HND or Honours Degree in an associated Engineering discipline.
Gain sufficient qualifications and experience to satisfy the accreditation requirements for the UK engineering council.
One years experience and training with an Inspection organisation, including Oil, Gas and Power Generation environments,
Knowledge of PeopleSoft and manufacturer specific software for advanced technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
Gives and receives constructive feedback.
Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, works well in group solving situations.
Pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others.
Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 14179
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time