Oceaneering Marketing & Communication Coordinator in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Marketing and Communication Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and implementation of marketing and communications projects for the assigned regions/business units. Responsibilities include coordinating trade shows and other industry events, organizing marketing materials, and liaising with regional business unit leaders to fulfill marketing campaigns and goals to ensure brand alignment and consistency.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure brand alignment and consistency across the designated regions by collaborating with regional business development and business units.
- Support business development and business units with various projects, campaigns, and sales reports
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of regional trade shows, open day, technology days and events including, but not limited to, booth design, properties and materials, social media scheduling, sponsorships and advertisements, contracts, thought leadership, sales collaboration and training, pre- and post-show marketing, list management, budgeting, show logistics and coordinating with exhibit, print, logistics, and promotional vendors
- Work with various Business Development, Business Unit, and Regional Managers to identify suitable trade shows and establish booth messaging, equipment displays, budget, and booth personnel
- Promote thought leadership opportunities in trade publications, social media and encourage participation at industry conferences
- Communicate Global Marketing and Communication campaigns and initiatives to Business Development and the Business Unit leads in the assigned regions, as directed by the Regional Marketing and Communication Manager
- Track and distribute sales leads, competitor analysis, and opportunities for improvement
- Formulate and manage the marketing budgetary plan for the assigned regions or business units by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts, and assist with processing invoices for payment in a timely manner
- Manage the placement of show-specific and regional advertising with the broader Global Marketing and Communications team, including meeting deadlines for submissions, social media planning, and filing purchase requisitions
- Maintain promotional items and marketing materials inventory and process orders
- Work closely with the broader Global Marketing and Communications team to ensure brand consistency and contribute with brainstorming ideas which align with the company’s vision and devise plans to execute these concepts
- Coordinate marketing-related initiatives including project management, event management, media/ad schedules, presentations, social media, editorial calendars, etc.
- Support marketing day-to-day operations including media campaigns, promotions and projects
- Provide a key link to your team ensuring assigned region stays up to date with all marketing and communications
- Other duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to the Regional Marketing and Communication Manager
- Bachelor degree in communication, marketing, hospitality management, related field preferred or experience in lieu of degree
- Experience of general business and trade show
- User of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) desired
- Strong organizational, time, budgeting, and project management skills
- Strong people skills with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong sense of ownership over projects and tasks, and able to identify new opportunities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in the oil and gas industry
- Valid driver’s license
- Graphic Design Knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 14066
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time