Oceaneering Inspection Engineer in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for the delivery of the Risk Based Inspection plan and the Integrity and Inspection Management of assigned Teekay asset/assets. To assist in the effective provision and operation of inspection systems and services to ensure that Plant and Equipment is certified in accordance with Oceaneering and Client codes of practice, strategies and offshore legislation ensuring feedback of results to client asset group. To assist with offshore and onshore inspection co-ordination.
Prepare and coordinate annual inspection plan
Responsible for anomaly management and recommending remedial actions
Organise and assist with FFS assessments as and when required
Prepare and issue monthly and annual integrity reports
Assist in the preparation of inspection work packs
Assist in the review of completed inspection workpacks / reports
Ensure inspection reports follow the relevant workflow depending on the equipment category
Responsible for data management in ACET, includes processing of inspection data
Interpret inspection data in ACET and recommend changes to the inspection campaign or plan
Assist in the development of specific integrity strategies
Validate offshore reports and feedback as required
Retrieve project specific technical data from client databases / systems.
Assist in the review of Asset specific operational reports, plans and identify events likely to impact on the inspection and corrosion monitoring programs
Initiate, co-ordinate and organise any ad-hoc or special inspection/integrity requirements
Input to corrosion management strategy
Assist in updating chemical corrosion matrices and prepare quarterly corrosion management reports
Organisemobilisation requirements such as accommodation, flights and equipment prior to offshore mobilisation
Brief of NDT / 3rd party personnel prior to offshore mobilisation
Ensure weekly and monthly listings, such as overdue reports, are maintained
Support the client and senior discipline engineers in the assessment of problems both technical and operational by sourcing information, progressing actions, notification of actions etc.
Arrange regular progress meetings with the client to update on the status of ongoing and future integrity activities and discuss integrity concerns
Assist with preparation and review of CTRs / quotes / proposals / budgets
Assist in the development of project plans and their maintenance
- Assist with duties as directed by the Project Manager or Senior Engineers
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Responsible for the approval of timesheets of the Offshore Inspection Engineers & day to day coordination of their duties
Reports Directly to the Project Manager
TheSeniorEngineersmay also define the day-to-day work for this position
Performance will be measured by theProject Manager
- Minimum UKAS RG2 Category 4
- Minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering
Note: ONC in Fabrication and welding or other similar subject could be considered provided the individual has other relevant qualifications eg ASME or API certification or extensive offshore experience
- UKAS RG2 Category 3, or working towards
- NDT Certification for core techniques
- API/ASME Plant level 1
- Offshore medical, BOSIET and MIST certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience related to the job description
- Familiar with QA/QC systems/procedures
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of design, manufacture, metallurgy, welding, codes standard, risk assessments and legislation associated with the in-service inspection of plant and equipment
- Good knowledge of NDE systems and techniques
- Ability to work to given deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Experience of working on PC work stations in particular with Microsoft office products
- Ensures that regular consistent communication and interaction takes place with project team.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 14163
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland