Oceaneering Global Mobility Lead in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The UK Global Mobility Lead will contribute to the optimization of the global mobility program with the main responsibility of ensuring the Operations Groups are provided the most suitable options of available personnel for a project. Responsible for the Global Mobility UK team and will oversee the scheduling of crew as approved by Operations Managers, coordinate local travel and ensure administration of all crew mobilization is accurate and documented.
The Global Mobility Lead will also be responsible for mobilizing our Rotators using the following approach: right person, right job, right place, and right time at the lowest possible cost. This will require considerable collaboration across existing stakeholders in the Service Lines, HR, Global Mobility, and Tax as well as maintaining a close partnership with business leaders across Oceaneering. In addition, the individual will be responsible sourcing the best and most cost effective talent to any location globally regardless of home location/region.
- Responsible for UK Global Mobility team including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for management of UK Global Mobility budget.
- Assists with preparation of budget and performance reports for Senior Management.
- Ensure continuous control and comparison of the current situations against budgeted forecasts.
- Responsible for monitoring OISL rotational employees: Limiting working days outside of the UK, and ensuring that rotational employees are employed by the correct employment entity, through collaboration with Business Leaders and HR.
- Monitor rotational personnel tax thresholds and provide tax reporting data as needed where regionally applicable; Includes consulting with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance.
- Review project and personnel requirements with Operations and ensure optimal crews are selected, project deadlines are met, and skill sets match project requirements.
- Communicate mobilization/ demobilization details with Operations, rotational personnel, and the client, including completing client-required forms, where applicable.
- Liaise with Operations to monitor personnel utilization and make staffing recommendations as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining personnel schedules, including leave requests, through GM applications and other Operations’ systems where required.
- Provide immigration support as needed to ensure compliance. This may include engaging with external Immigration providers as needed.
- Maintain effective communication with team members, Operations, and rotational employees.
- Collaborate with Regional Resourcing Teams to provide global support as needed.
- Participate in on-call schedule to provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Responsible for regular and ad hoc reporting, and providing management information as required.
- Specific projects as identified and agreed with Resourcing Supervisor.
- Assist in arranging travel and accommodations for rotational employees as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS or equivalent education and experience)
- 3-5 years Human Resources or Operations experience
- 2-3 years resourcing & crewing experience and/or global mobility experience
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, and Google Mail.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions.
- Ability to use various information technology systems required for successful job performance.
- Ability to promote and be accountable for quality customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Keeps manager informed about progress and problems.
- Ability to develop and apply creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively.
- Ability to model high standards of honesty, integrity, trust and ethical behavior.
- Understands and takes into account global and local impacts on day-to day activities.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Seeks feedback from others and is receptive to new ideas and perspectives.
- Understands and effectively works within the organization's structure and policies.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Skill to prioritize workflow in a changing work environment.
- Exhibits a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and accomplishing work.
- Skill to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13823
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland